Monday, December 12, 2005

I Had a Great Time, It was So Much Fun!

This weekend I participated in a Lan Party in Winona. The evening consisted of game playing of Medal of Honor and Starcraft Brood War. Most of the players had attended events like this before, and I have had only some experience with this activity, but was looking forward to trying it. I had been preparing and was feeling confident that I would be ready to compete. I knew I enjoyed playing and when I do play the time passes so quickly, I was not worried I would tire of the activity, but still the group consisted of players with skills that surpass mine, so I was somewhat concerned about keeping up.

I thought my nerves would settle down as soon as I fired off a few rounds and they did. Once I started, any hesitation was gone. I just immersed myself in the game and my only thought was to play well and enjoy myself, and so I did. It was so much fun sharing this activity with others who clearly enjoyed it as much as I did. We shared a common goal and by playing in a group were able to try things not possible to do by yourself. Being there, a part of it, was great and it was exciting being able to join in with this group, a rare opportunity!

I want to thank everyone for allowing me to participate, and will gladly return, it's only about 500 miles there and back, if invited. I just want you to know that my quilting group is enjoyable, but this was better!!!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 20, 2005, Blogger MarkIsces said...

I'm glad you had fun... Let pete know when your traveling up again, and I'll get the rooms again. I think it worked out well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home