Friday, February 03, 2006

Ok, now I feel like a Freak!

So, I'm driving home from work today, after stopping at Starbucks, feeling very happy with my Gingerbread Latte, and with the fact that I found a parking spot right in front of the door, when I notice a giant billboard that has a picture of a child with a large line over his head that says, 4'9" That's the Rule. I look again and think it's for a theme park ride or something and I see that is the required height for children to ride in a car without a booster seat.

Well now, at 5'1", I am only 4" away from being required to have a booster seat in my car! Do you think that applies to drivers? Can you imagine drivers in booster seats?

I think perhaps they better start designing cars built for people of smaller stature. What do real "Little People" do? I wonder what age I was when I passed the height requirement, and reached 4'10"? Could I have been 14 and still in a booster seat? What happens if you're 16 and go to take your drivers' road test and haven't quite passed the height requirement? It's too horrible to imagine! I think I'll go sip my latte now and relax. I hope it doesn't stunt my growth!

1 Comments:

At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Blogger MarkIsces said...

Think about this:

Imagine there are thousands of cars out there to choose from when purchasing a new vehicle. Which one to buy? which options to get? which one has the best gas milage.

Now imagine your like me. 6' 6"
and all of your choices are determined by which one you can sit in and NOT have your knees touch the dashboard.

Welcome to my world. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home